Cheney likely to fall victim soon to ‘fascista’ element as Party serves up own to ‘Ill Duce’

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Cheney likely to fall victim soon to ‘fascista’ element as Party serves up own to ‘Ill Duce’

Post by jserraglio » Tue May 04, 2021 10:51 am

CNN https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics ... index.html Cheney sees cratering support in House GOP as McCarthy says she isn't 'carrying out the message'

Rach3

Re: Cheney likely to fall victim soon to ‘fascista’ element as Party serves up own to ‘Ill Duce’

Post by Rach3 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am

Analysis here,too:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics ... index.html

We may have as much to fear now as had with the 30's German Nazi party.

maestrob

Re: Cheney likely to fall victim soon to ‘fascista’ element as Party serves up own to ‘Ill Duce’

Post by maestrob » Tue May 04, 2021 11:23 am

Rach3 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am
Analysis here,too:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics ... index.html

We may have as much to fear now as had with the 30's German Nazi party.
Yes, I'm very worried as well.

OTOH, if McCarthy ousts her, it may cost Republicans even more moderate votes in the 2022 midterms, thus denying them the House majority that they crave.

I still remember that Trump's popularity plummeted to 29% after January 6.

Also, Republicans in Texas, in spite of retaining overwhelming control of that state, have been turning on each other with bizarre conspiracy claims of voter fraud that never happened.

Having lived through the 1960's, with its multiple (JFK, RFK, MLK, etc.) assassinations and violence, I feel even more fear now than I did then.

We're just too close to the abyss.

Never forget. :evil:

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Tue May 04, 2021 9:01 pm

The G.O.P.’s patented brew of cancel culture, misogyny and cult of personality are all in play here. Cheney, on the other hand, will likely emerge liberated from any constraints and with an even bigger megaphone than she had before.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Wed May 05, 2021 9:00 am

jserraglio wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:01 pm
The G.O.P.’s patented brew of cancel culture, misogyny and cult of personality are all in play here. Cheney, on the other hand, will likely emerge liberated from any constraints and with an even bigger megaphone than she had before.
There's a vote scheduled for May 12, or so I understand. She survived a secret ballot before, but no details yet on how this next one will proceed.

How many voters will the GOP lose if they disown her? Only time will tell.

Could we be watching the GOP disintegrating right before our very eyes? If the former guy gets his Facebook account reinstated today, there is great danger ahead, IMHO.

Stay tuned and...

Never forget. :evil: