Conservative WSJ weighs in on the impending Stalinist-style, Trump-inspired purge of Liz Cheney

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Conservative WSJ weighs in on the impending Stalinist-style, Trump-inspired purge of Liz Cheney

Post by jserraglio » Wed May 05, 2021 5:43 am

WALL STREET JOURNAL

maestrob

Re: Conservative WSJ weighs in on the impending Stalinist-style, Trump-inspired purge of Liz Cheney

Post by maestrob » Wed May 05, 2021 9:17 am

Well.

At least the WSJ is sticking to reality, albeit a conservative version.

"Moscow Mitch" raked the former guy over the coals in his speech on the Senate floor, only to vote with the majority of Republicans against conviction.

McCarthy has shown himself to be equally spineless recently.

Caught between a rock and the proverbial hard place, I suspect the minority leader will simply plunge down the easy exit of the rabbit hole that has just opened in front of him.

I wonder if we'll have a GOP of any substance in 2024?

Maybe they'll run "Q" as their candidate. :mrgreen:

Never forget. :evil:

jserraglio

Re: Conservative WSJ weighs in on the impending Stalinist-style, Trump-inspired purge of Liz Cheney

Post by jserraglio » Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm

maestrob wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:17 am
McCarthy has shown himself to be equally spineless recently.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:12 pm

The WSJ parrots the usual GOP lies.The Dems did not "exploit " the pandemic , nor did Judges let them " get away with it " ( WSJ conveniently overlooks fact Trump's own conservative SCOTUS denied cert. on ALL Penn. and all other cases ).Dems tried to keep from killing people who wanted to vote for EITHER party.The " election rules " applied to ALL voters , but not enough were dumb enough to turn out and vote for Trump, I suspect even many at WSJ.

The GOP were the ones who exploited the pandemic by opening economies too quickly, removing restrictions, downplaying masks, etc., claiming the Dems were endangering Americans' " freedom" , all to gain votes for the GOP. Just as the GOP has done since Jan.6 excusing that attack.

The only "cradle - to - grave entitlement state " was given us by the GOP and Fuhrer Trump : 600000 dead, at least 550000 more than necessary, wrecked businesses, wrecked schools, from March,2020 to date, and continuing, a horrible National crisis, all courtesy of an "entitled" tax-cuts for the rich GOP who totally failed in response to virus while it served as the Fuhrer's w...e.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 am

OK, and now Modi's India and Bolsonaro's Brazil, both run by leaders similar to Trump, are exploding with cases much like we did here, even while their populations continue to (so far, at least) back these morons.

It tends to make one lose faith in the good sense of the voting public, doesn't it? :mrgreen:

Still, democracy, however flawed, has served humanity well in the long run, and I have no intention on giving up on it.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Thu May 06, 2021 5:06 pm

maestrob wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 am
Still, democracy, however flawed, has served humanity well in the long run, and I have no intention on giving up on it.
Nor I, but it may well be taken from us. Trouble is there are too few “horses” these days.

“Horse sense is that thing horses have that keeps them from betting on people.” WC Fields.