Here's why I won't give any money to the DCCC

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Ricordanza

Here's why I won't give any money to the DCCC

Post by Ricordanza » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:08 pm

DCCC = Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

Normally, I would contribute to the DCCC, because I want to see Democrats retain control of the House. But not after this cynical, wrong-headed move:
Several election deniers backed by Trump prevail in hotly contested primaries
By Hannah Knowles (Washington Post)
Updated August 3, 2022 at 8:38 a.m. EDT|Published August 2, 2022 at 11:11 p.m. EDT

Several election deniers backed by former president Donald Trump prevailed in closely-watched primaries held Tuesday, as a nationwide battle over the future of the GOP played out in state and federal races across five states.

In Michigan, Rep. Peter Meijer, one of 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump last year, fell in defeat to John Gibbs, a former Trump administration official who ran with the ex-president’s support and embraced his false claims of a stolen election. Meijer, who is in his first term, becomes the second GOP House member ousted in a primary after supporting the impeachment of Trump for inciting a riot with false claims of a stolen election. Meijer issued a statement conceding before the race was called.

In Michigan, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has spent nearly half a million dollars boosting Gibbs — gambling that he would be easier to defeat in a district that leans slightly blue. The move drew cries of hypocrisy across parties, even as Democrats widely hope that Republicans’ embrace of extremes will hurt them in the fall.

Rach3

Re: Here's why I won't give any money to the DCCC

Post by Rach3 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:56 am

Completely agree. See, for example, the "Violent Fantasies" topic here about a Michigan race.

The Dems continue to elevate their incompetence to an art form.Last night on MSNBC Hassan tried to get the Wisconsin Dem running against nut-job Wisconsin GOP Sen.Johnson to vigorously discuss and nail Johnson for Johnson's " Defund Social Security and Medicare " proposal, but about all the Dem could do was repeat his website address for campaign contributions and non-specific talking points.

The DCCC's actions are like giving matches and 5 gal. of gas to an arsonist on the assumption the fire dept. will arrive before any damage is done , and ignores the fact 12M more Americansvoted for Trump in 2020 than did in 2016 despite Trump's demonstrated total failure as President the intervening 4 years.

barney

Post by barney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:09 pm

and ignores the fact 12M more Americansvoted for Trump in 2020 than did in 2016 despite Trump's demonstrated total failure as President the intervening 4 years.
I just can't get over that, Steve. Most of those 70 million voters would probably describe themselves as moral people, decent people. I can understand why they might dismiss the Democrats, but not how they can vote for this extraordinarily vile person.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am

barney wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:09 pm
and ignores the fact 12M more Americansvoted for Trump in 2020 than did in 2016 despite Trump's demonstrated total failure as President the intervening 4 years.
I just can't get over that, Steve. Most of those 70 million voters would probably describe themselves as moral people, decent people. I can understand why they might dismiss the Democrats, but not how they can vote for this extraordinarily vile person.
Barney, I'd say that the roots for those extraordinary 70 million Republican voters go back several decades, and have much to do with the curtailing of funding for public education. Republicans have fought teachers' unions on every front, cutting funding for education and thus forcing cuts in curriculae that have destroyed the roots of objective thinking in this country by eliminating civics and critical thinking courses from high schools in Republican and even some democratic-controlled states. Teachers' salaries have been slashed due to low tax revenues at the local level, so the quality of instruction has suffered monstrously.

Couple that with the resulting increase in home schooling and increased attendance at religious schools (read evangelicals) and the predictable result is an electorate that is too easily manipulated by bald-faced lies and distortions, simply because they have no defense.

Bring back the Fairness Doctrine!

Never forget. :twisted: