Bette Davis Movies on TCM

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

Bette Davis Movies on TCM

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:43 am

TCM has been showing a lot of Bette Davis's earliest movies. They are wonderful. What a superb actor was she! I can never see Now, Voyager enough, however, one of her finest films IMHO. And isn't it wonderful not to have interruptions with ads, etc. TCM is tops for me.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

Belle

Re: Bette Davis Movies on TCM

Post by Belle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:51 am

You are lucky. We had TCM here and they took it away some time ago without notice. With the raging heat we've been housebound lately and instead of reading I've been Chromecasting films. Today "Tap Roots" with Susan Hayward and (a real fave) Van Heflin. Cheesy, but enjoyable. Boris Karloff played an Indian and had the personality of an ashtray!!

Agree about Bette Davis; she was just superb. I didn't mind the over-acting (which she did often) and my fave performance of hers was Julie in "Jezebel". What a pleasure to watch that film, incredibly in black and white. Loved her in "All About Eve". "Now Voyager", "Mr. Skeffington", "Dark Victory" (she had an affair with her doctor!!), "The Little Foxes". Joy.

So much to enjoy in our lives, and at the touch of a button. What's not to love?