"Sweetie" with Genevieve Lemon

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

"Sweetie" with Genevieve Lemon

Post by Lance » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:51 am

"Sweetie," an 1989 film directed by Jane Campion. With Geneviève Lemon, Karen Colston, Tom Lycos, Jon Darling. An introspective young woman's life is upturned by the arrival of her maladjusted sister. This was one of the most unusual movies I have ever seen! About Geneviève Lemon: Genevieve Lemon (born 21 April 1958) is an Australian singer and actress who has appeared in a number of soap operas. Her best known roles are as Zelda Baker in The Young Doctors, Marlene "Rabbit" Warren in Prisoner and Brenda Riley in Neighbours. I never heard of Lemon before this film. Is she a respected actor Down Under?
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]

Belle

Re: "Sweetie" with Genevieve Lemon

Post by Belle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:56 am

You bet. She's wonderful. Spouse and myself saw her in a play about 3 years ago at the SOH called "Noises Off" (by Michael Frayne) and it's one of the funniest nights I've ever had in the theatre. Genevieve was in top form. The second half of the play is so riotous that you couldn't hear all the gags. Typical French-style farce with all the doors opening and closing.