"An expert piece of daylit terror."

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Lance
Site Administrator

"An expert piece of daylit terror."

Post by Lance » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:49 am

That was a quote about Ari Aster's film "Midsommar." I happened to be in Atlanta during the summer of 2019 and attending a theater to see another movie, which was sold out. My party decided to take a chance on seeing "Midsommar." I can only say that it was one of the most shocking films I have ever seen. Ari Aster also directed the film "Hereditary," which I have not seen and thus knew nothing of his work.

A blurb on this film states: "After a family tragedy, a young American couple joins some friends at a midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. What begins as a carefree summer holiday takes a sinister turn when the insular villagers invite their guests to partake in festivities that grow increasingly unnerving and viscerally disturbing. From the visionary mind of Ari Aster comes this dread-soaked cinematic fairy tale where a world of darkness unfolds in broad daylight."

Has anyone else seen this film, and what would be your comments? For me, in a word, it was disturbing.
Lance G. Hill
Editor-in-Chief

When she started to play, Mr. Steinway came down and personally
rubbed his name off the piano. [Speaking about pianist &*$#@+#]