Our first Harry Potter movie

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

lennygoran

Our first Harry Potter movie

Post by lennygoran » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:57 am

After our local excursion on Sunday we thought yesterday would be a garden maintenance day-after a half hour out there the humidity was just too much-we came indoors to the a/c-what a difference between the weather even though the temps were similar.

On the local excursion we had lunch in another park-very pleasant looking at a pond while eating a sandwich bought at shoprite-our pitstop was a newly discovered Walgreens--beyond the pond was another section of the South Raritan River close to our bench but that couldn't be seen until you walked over to it-it was in Califon which we go through so often but we had never known about this park you get to from a narrow small street north of the bridge we use. Another new item for us was stopping our car on a bridge that goes over the Musconetcong River and walking on a new walking bridge they've put up-a nice joy just 5 minutes from home. However the real find was Teetertown Ravine Reserve-hard to find and with little instructions when you entered the reserve-we nearly gave up but found help from Bentley the horse and his owner --I'm so glad we persevered-a beautiful spot with views, a large field with alot of native plants and 2 ponds-this was the best location of the day-we finished going back along River Road and following the river south-we had only known of this road a few weeks before. Yep we've got new fairly local places to get back to.

Anyway I thought the production of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) was pretty spectacular-however it came in a little too long for my taste at 2 and 1/2 hours-they found some very good actors for the children and the adults played it up to the hilt including Maggie Smith. When w'll get to Movie 2 is anyone's guess.