Bill Barr, One Damn Thing After Another (2022)

A cozy, genteel room to discuss books, authors, and things literary.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Bill Barr, One Damn Thing After Another (2022)

Post by jserraglio » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Couldn’t get the print book so I am listening to an audiobook instead. So far I am enjoying this book. Barr creates a compelling narrative of his eventful life, and unlike most righties, he has a earthy sense of humor and an appreciation for the ironies of the human condition, Irish on his mother's side, Jewish on his father's.

Little known fact: Barr plays the bagpipes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ooH-IQR-o

Listened to half of the book yesterday in one sitting. His story of his final confrontation with the Donald in the dining room off the Oval Office was hilarious. So full of graphic visual details, somebody ought to film it.

Not that Barr needs the money.

lennygoran

Re: Bill Barr, One Damn Thing After Another (2022)

Post by lennygoran » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:02 am

jserraglio wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:36 pm

He made the interview circuit and I enjoyed alot of his descriptions-think we'll hear him before the Jan 6th committee! Regards, Len

jserraglio

Re: Bill Barr, One Damn Thing After Another (2022)

Post by jserraglio » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:04 am

lennygoran wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:02 am
jserraglio wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:36 pm

He made the interview circuit and I enjoyed alot of his descriptions-think we'll hear him before the Jan 6th committee! Regards, Len
I hate to admit it, dammit, but One Damn Thing After Another is a damn interesting and occasionally funny read. This S.O.B. is a rarity among righties—a writer.