I thought he was dead!

Kevin R

I thought he was dead!

Post by Kevin R » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:27 am

I love the idea of McGovern giving advice to the Dems. This is priceless. What is next, Jimmy Carter offering advice on foreign policy matters....oh wait, he does that daily.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/09/D8LA01L00.html
"Free trade, one of the greatest blessings which a government can confer on a people, is in almost every country unpopular."

-Thomas Macaulay

RebLem
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA 87112, 2 blocks west of the Breaking Bad carwash.

Post by RebLem » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:48 am

Well, of course, Kevin loves having the US hated by everyone in the world, so anyone that a few people in the rest of the world like is automatically unqualified to give advice to serious American politicians.

But I always liked Jon Lovitz's line, "I just want to be loved. Is that so wrong?" :D :D :D
Don't drink and drive. You might spill it.--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father
"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."--Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. Carolina.
"Racism is America's Original Sin."--Francis Cardinal George, former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.

pizza

Post by pizza » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:57 am

RebLem wrote:Well, of course, Kevin loves having the US hated by everyone in the world . . . . .
Yeah. Everyone hates us -- that explains why immigration is such a problem.

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:18 am

Immigrants also hate you. Only they hate their own country more.

RebLem
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA 87112, 2 blocks west of the Breaking Bad carwash.

Post by RebLem » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:12 pm

rasputin wrote:Immigrants also hate you. Only they hate their own country more.
Immigrants, almost by definition, are the dissidents in any society. They are people who vote with their feet. We wasted a lot of time, energy, and treasure in the period, oh, say, 1917-1941 or so listening to all sorts of exaggerated tales told by anti-communist White Russian refugees about how the communists had "nationalized women" and such. We should not make that mistake again, and think that immigrants are representative of the true aspirations of nearly everyone in the societies from which they came.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill it.--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father
"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."--Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. Carolina.
"Racism is America's Original Sin."--Francis Cardinal George, former Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:09 pm

Welcome back Pizza. Isn't there an article you can post which will explain in 5,000 words or more why everything you suggested for US foreign policy has gone wrong?